This is the anthology I was talking about in my TED Talk, which also helped inspire the whole concept for CopperWire's Earthbound. It basically changed my life before it was even published. I discovered a love of writing stories because of this. So of course I'd put an exclusive EP on the fundraising campaign to self-publish. Octavia's Brood: Science Fiction Stories from Social Justice Movements is co-edited by 2 of the most brilliant people I know: Walidah Imarisha and Adrienne Maree Brown and includes stories from Climbing PoeTree, Alexis Pauline Gumbs, Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarashina, Tara Betts, Vagabond and more, as well as essays from Mumia Abu-Jamal and Tananarive Due. You can help publish this book by Octavia Butler's 67th birthday on Indiegogo today! I'm so excited. And the video is awesome.
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Support: Octavia's Brood | Science Fiction Stories from Social Justice Movements
This is the anthology I was talking about in my TED Talk, which also helped inspire the whole concept for CopperWire's Earthbound. It basically changed my life before it was even published. I discovered a love of writing stories because of this. So of course I'd put an exclusive EP on the fundraising campaign to self-publish. Octavia's Brood: Science Fiction Stories from Social Justice Movements is co-edited by 2 of the most brilliant people I know: Walidah Imarisha and Adrienne Maree Brown and includes stories from Climbing PoeTree, Alexis Pauline Gumbs, Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarashina, Tara Betts, Vagabond and more, as well as essays from Mumia Abu-Jamal and Tananarive Due. You can help publish this book by Octavia Butler's 67th birthday on Indiegogo today! I'm so excited. And the video is awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment