Scars/Stars by Walidah Imarisha
The day has come, and my family Walidah Imarisha (co-editor of the Octavia's Brood anthology, co-editor of Another World Is Possible, and one-half of Good Sista / Bad Sista) has released a new book of poetry: Scars/Stars. This sister has been a constant inspiration to me for my entire adult life. I wouldn't be the same artist or human being without her, for real. You can get her newest book here now!
Scars/Stars also has the first blurb I ever wrote for a book on the back cover :)
While we're on the topic of new books... here's a few more I'm excited about, all published in the last month (or soon to be published):
Kabu Kabu by Nnedi Okorafor
If you don't know her, please get familiar. Nnedi Okorafor is the first sci-fi author since Octavia Butler who's work I got completely addicted to... and it wasn't until reading 4 of her novels that I realized there is a common alternate universe in all of them. Genius. If you follow my music closely, you would know Nnedi is also the resident Naijamerican novelist alien sorceress who wrote the "legend" of CopperWire as it reads in the Earthbound liner notes, and website. Kabu Kabu is Nnedi's first collection of short stories. Very exciting!
Afrofuturism: The World of Black Sci Fi & Fantasy Culture by Ytasaha L. Womack
I have to admit, this one took me by surprise. It's Ytasha L. Womack's guide to Black Sci-Fi everything and it includes something about our Ethiopian Hip Hop Space Opera, CopperWire! I just found out about it a few nights ago, and can't wait to read it! There's also cover artwork by that genius John Jennings... who also did this!
Prognosis: descarga poetica decolonial // decolonial poetic exhale by Bocafloja (literary trans-creation by Sidony O'Neal)
This is my family Bocafloja's second book, and the first one that will be both in English and Spanish. It will feature poetry along with short stories and essays... and I'm very excited to be doing some Northwest events in November around the release of this book! You'll be hearing more about this one very soon, but for now, check the video.
The day has come, and my family Walidah Imarisha (co-editor of the Octavia's Brood anthology, co-editor of Another World Is Possible, and one-half of Good Sista / Bad Sista) has released a new book of poetry: Scars/Stars. This sister has been a constant inspiration to me for my entire adult life. I wouldn't be the same artist or human being without her, for real. You can get her newest book here now!
Scars/Stars also has the first blurb I ever wrote for a book on the back cover :)
While we're on the topic of new books... here's a few more I'm excited about, all published in the last month (or soon to be published):
Kabu Kabu by Nnedi Okorafor
If you don't know her, please get familiar. Nnedi Okorafor is the first sci-fi author since Octavia Butler who's work I got completely addicted to... and it wasn't until reading 4 of her novels that I realized there is a common alternate universe in all of them. Genius. If you follow my music closely, you would know Nnedi is also the resident Naijamerican novelist alien sorceress who wrote the "legend" of CopperWire as it reads in the Earthbound liner notes, and website. Kabu Kabu is Nnedi's first collection of short stories. Very exciting!
Afrofuturism: The World of Black Sci Fi & Fantasy Culture by Ytasaha L. Womack
I have to admit, this one took me by surprise. It's Ytasha L. Womack's guide to Black Sci-Fi everything and it includes something about our Ethiopian Hip Hop Space Opera, CopperWire! I just found out about it a few nights ago, and can't wait to read it! There's also cover artwork by that genius John Jennings... who also did this!
Prognosis: descarga poetica decolonial // decolonial poetic exhale by Bocafloja (literary trans-creation by Sidony O'Neal)
This is my family Bocafloja's second book, and the first one that will be both in English and Spanish. It will feature poetry along with short stories and essays... and I'm very excited to be doing some Northwest events in November around the release of this book! You'll be hearing more about this one very soon, but for now, check the video.
















No comments:
Post a Comment