Thursday, February 20, 2014

Food & Sh*t presents "Hidmo Back!"


This last weekend Food & Sh*t and Hidmo hosted a night called "Hidmo Back!" on Beacon Hill in Seattle. A bunch of us performed: DJ Daps1Hollis, Rogue Pinay, si dåko’ta, Daniel Pak (of Kore Ionz), Prometheus Brown and Otieno Terry (who's incredible album with Hightek Lowlives is rumored to be dropping like next week?!) If you missed it, check this video Scott Macklin made above. I did one of the lost tracks (there's at least 7 lost tracks) from the upcoming Children Of The Dragon album titled "The World Is A Hidmo". Shoutout to Thione Diop and everyone holding it down at Jaam Rek on 20th & Jackson now. My song is out of date since the old Hidmo building is far from empty... it's not in the video but I said that at the event too.

If you have no idea what Hidmo is (or was) check these archives, the quickest summary I can offer is something I wrote on the day we closed it titled Honoring an era.

"Thought you knew you did know, Hidmo..." - THEEsatisfaction

No comments: