Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Suntonio Bandanaz & Third Eye Bling "American Gangster Nerd"

Suntonio Bandanaz & Third Eye Bling
"American Gangster Nerd"

To say me and Asun (aka Suntonio Bandanaz) go back is an understatement... That's my brother. He put me on to the first crew I was ever a part of that really did anything (500 Years) and he literally taught me how to beatbox. To say I'm excited about this album is another understatement... the first time I heard it from beginning to end I immediately started working with Sun & Bling on a group project called F'real Tho based on how much I love this record. I think his liner notes say it the best...

"This project is a statement being made in response to the epistemic normative in the city of Seattle dictating misconceptions in regards to people of Indigenous and African descent in the "Hip Hop Community."  Being HOOD is NOT synonymous with Ignorance. No more than it means that Cultural Artistic Appropriation is OK!  In an attempt to unify and communicate to/for/from my community that False representation of the Black and Brown Cultural Identity being propagated & exploited to decimate the character of an entire generation of inhabitants in these communities is never a good look."

You can pick the album up from Fresh Chopped Beats / MADK Productions today!

2 comments:

Alpha P. Emperor Generals said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
artsaveslives said...

Gabe; You are the truth my brother.
Check Out Suntonio Bandanaz FREE DOWNLOAD @ www.FreshChoppedBeats.com