Thursday, January 20, 2011

Willie Joe ft. Dice "Coming Up"




So I've met Dice several times now (she spits) and I don't think I've ever met Willie Joe... but this entire song speaks to me at a real personal level... and I know it's not getting the shine it deserves. With all due respect, this is truer to the Seattle I know, then a lot of the songs even my own friends are making. "...i guess we ain't all really in the same boat/ when i was younger me & my cousin shared the same coat/ we from the same place... we ain't the same tho/ almost made it, but i didn't/ who to blame tho... me" We're coming up.

Update: just found out he's from Vallejo and lives in Atlanta... no wonder we never met! hahahahaha... i still feel it all the same... and that's a Seattle video i don't even carrrre

No comments: