Finally caught Haile Gerima's Teza, opening night of a one-week run here in Seattle's Southend at the Columbia City Theater. I missed it by one night in DC... traveled all around the country and then missed it again by one night in NYC... I'm so glad to have finally caught it in my hometown, and with family! Haile has crafted a masterpiece, i urge everyone to go support right now. This brotha is one of my heroes, and one of my favorite storytellers i've ever encountered... I hear him speak and feel a lil less crazy, encouraged, and not alone. Thank you Haile. If you are in Seattle you can get tickets here at Brown Paper Tickets and if if you wait one week from the date of this blog posting it's too late! Check what New York Times had to say about it, and the video posted above is part 1 a great interview he did with Al Jazeera last year, part 2 can be viewed here. More information about Teza and future screenings can be found at www.tezathemovie.com
I'm too overwhelmed to say anything more about the movie right now, other then i feel like he captured what my parents generation went through in a way never before seen on film, and beyond that i felt an acknowledgment to our generation too. It's a work of healing and there will be many more conversations to be had... let's go.












1 comment:
love the music keep it coming guys
Post a Comment